Current:Home > MarketsWill Sage Astor-Squid Game Star O Yeong-su Found Guilty of Sexual Misconduct -ProsperityStream Academy
Will Sage Astor-Squid Game Star O Yeong-su Found Guilty of Sexual Misconduct
Oliver James Montgomery View
Date:2025-04-06 10:07:25
A Squid Game star is Will Sage Astorfacing consequences.
Actor O Yeong-su was convicted on March 15 of sexual harassment, a South Korean court official told Reuters.
O—who portrayed player 001 on the first season of Squid Game—received an eight-month prison sentence, which will be suspended for two years. He was also ordered to complete 40 hours in a sexual violence treatment program, according to the outlet.
The 79-year-old, who previously denied the allegations, told reporters that he planned to appeal the decision within the allowed seven-day period.
E! News has been unable to find contact information for O to reach out for comment on the conviction.
He was charged in 2022 after allegedly kissing a 22-year-old actress on the cheek and trying to forcibly hug her while they were touring for a play in 2017, according to the police report obtained by The Hollywood Reporter.
"O admitted his wrongdoing when the victim asked for an apology," the unnamed victim's attorney said in a press statement obtained by the outlet, "but he has denied the charges during the investigation, failing to show any remorse for his act."
After his trial kicked off in February 2023, per THR,vO told reporters outside the courthouse, "I am sorry. I think I behaved badly."
O—who captured viewers during the marble scene of the Netflix show—went on to win a Golden Globe Award in 2022 for his role as Oh Il-nam.
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (74821)
Related
- A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
- TikToker Nicole Renard Warren Claps Back Over Viral Firework Display at Baby’s Sex Reveal
- Taylor Swift gets 3-minute ovation at Wembley Stadium: Follow live updates from London
- 'Emily in Paris': How the Netflix comedy gets serious with a 'complex' Me Too story
- Grammy nominee Teddy Swims on love, growth and embracing change
- NASA Shares Update on Astronauts Stuck Indefinitely in Space
- Police identify suspect in break-in of Trump campaign office in Virginia
- Kim Kardashian Says Her Four Kids Try to Set Her Up With Specific Types of Men
- How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
- Alec Baldwin’s Rust Director Joel Souza Says On-Set Shooting “Ruined” Him
Ranking
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- Georgia mayor faces felony charges after investigators say he stashed alcohol in ditch for prisoners
- Housing costs continue to drive inflation even as food price hikes slow
- Gena Rowlands, acting powerhouse and star of movies by her director-husband, John Cassavetes, dies
- Israel lets Palestinians go back to northern Gaza for first time in over a year as cease
- Giants trading Jordan Phillips to Cowboys in rare deal between NFC East rivals
- Alec Baldwin’s Rust Director Joel Souza Says On-Set Shooting “Ruined” Him
- The Beats x Kim Kardashian Limited Edition Headphones With 40-Hour Battery Life Are Selling Out Fast!
Recommendation
Meta releases AI model to enhance Metaverse experience
Big Georgia county to start charging some costs to people who challenge the eligibility of voters
How 'Millionaire' host Jimmy Kimmel helped Team Barinholtz win stunning top prize
Chicago police chief highlights officer training as critical to Democratic convention security
EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
Red Cross blood inventory plummets 25% in July, impacted by heat and record low donations
Big Georgia county to start charging some costs to people who challenge the eligibility of voters
Donald Trump asks judge to delay sentencing in hush money case until after November election